Artificial Intelligence Computing Leadership from NVIDIA
Cloud Virtual Desktop w/ GPU
Hello guys, I am prolly the newest kid on the block to be playing or messing around with server grade hardwares but recently I have been searching high and low for the perfect solution to my gaming and my company's work needs. Most of my staff comes and go and we are a small startup and we usually encourage BYOD - bring your own device. However, most of their devices are low spec devices and I'm toying with the idea of using parsec for them to stream to a virtual powerful desktop instead. Most cloud virtual desktop and gaming solutions are either too expensive or too far from where I am - Asia. ( Input lag ) - i.e GCS, Shadow, MaxSettings, Azure I am now toying with idea of building my own cloud server so 3-5 people could connect to the server via Parsec and use. Unraid is of course the choice of OS for the GPU passthru, However, instead of following Linus 's PC build that have multiple gpu, I was thinking of using Tesla because A) I don't need any display port output because it's all virtualized and B) it's easier to just install one card. However, I would like to know 1) can Tesla cards like P4, T4 be used for gaming and rendering and is it as easy as passing the card to the VM on unraid and allocate a certain amount of vgpu ram to each vm ? And can Unraid support vgpu or i do need to have vsphere? 2) same question as above for Quadro p4000/p5000 3) also I couldn't find any build or tutorials for my setup anywhere. Can someone point me into the right direction? I'm thinking of using Epyc or Xeon or Threadripper 16-32 core processor for this. Thanks in advance.
Hello guys,

I am prolly the newest kid on the block to be playing or messing around with server grade hardwares but recently I have been searching high and low for the perfect solution to my gaming and my company's work needs. Most of my staff comes and go and we are a small startup and we usually encourage BYOD - bring your own device. However, most of their devices are low spec devices and I'm toying with the idea of using parsec for them to stream to a virtual powerful desktop instead.

Most cloud virtual desktop and gaming solutions are either too expensive or too far from where I am - Asia. ( Input lag ) - i.e GCS, Shadow, MaxSettings, Azure

I am now toying with idea of building my own cloud server so 3-5 people could connect to the server via Parsec and use.

Unraid is of course the choice of OS for the GPU passthru, However, instead of following Linus 's PC build that have multiple gpu, I was thinking of using Tesla because A) I don't need any display port output because it's all virtualized and B) it's easier to just install one card.

However, I would like to know

1) can Tesla cards like P4, T4 be used for gaming and rendering and is it as easy as passing the card to the VM on unraid and allocate a certain amount of vgpu ram to each vm ? And can Unraid support vgpu or i do need to have vsphere?

2) same question as above for Quadro p4000/p5000

3) also I couldn't find any build or tutorials for my setup anywhere. Can someone point me into the right direction? I'm thinking of using Epyc or Xeon or Threadripper 16-32 core processor for this.

Thanks in advance.

Posted 05/28/2020 04:16 PM   
Scroll To Top

Add Reply