Linux VDA - How to enable H.264 Encode?
Hi As title really. I have a Linux VM with 7.13 VDA installed. Does anyone know how to enable H.264 Encode? I'll caveat this by stating I'm not a Linux guy, so have more than likely misunderstood something ... I have an M60 8Q profile assigned so CUDA is available. GRID 4.1 drivers are installed and it's licensed. I'm following this guide: http://docs.citrix.com/en-us/linux-virtual-delivery-agent/7-13/configuration/configuring-graphics.html However, when I try and run this on the VDA: [b]sudo ctxreg create -k "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Citrix\Thinwire" -t "REG_DWORD" -v "AdvertiseH264" -d "0x00000001" --force[/b] I get this in response: [b]sudo: ctxreg: command not found[/b] My initial thoughts were, I'm trying to install a Windows registry key on a Linux VM, of course it won't work. However, as a non-Linux guy, I actually don't know. Instructions as usual aren't as clear as they should be. So any guidance is appreciated Many thanks
Hi

As title really.

I have a Linux VM with 7.13 VDA installed. Does anyone know how to enable H.264 Encode?

I'll caveat this by stating I'm not a Linux guy, so have more than likely misunderstood something ...

I have an M60 8Q profile assigned so CUDA is available. GRID 4.1 drivers are installed and it's licensed.

I'm following this guide: http://docs.citrix.com/en-us/linux-virtual-delivery-agent/7-13/configuration/configuring-graphics.html

However, when I try and run this on the VDA:

sudo ctxreg create -k "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Citrix\Thinwire" -t "REG_DWORD" -v "AdvertiseH264" -d "0x00000001" --force

I get this in response:

sudo: ctxreg: command not found

My initial thoughts were, I'm trying to install a Windows registry key on a Linux VM, of course it won't work. However, as a non-Linux guy, I actually don't know.

Instructions as usual aren't as clear as they should be. So any guidance is appreciated

Many thanks

Posted 03/01/2017 11:08 PM   
Had a little help from a friend ... For anyone else playing with Linux, you need to run the command from here: [b]/opt/Citrix/VDA/bin[/b] Then as per the link above, run this: [b]ctxreg create -k "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Citrix\Thinwire" -t "REG_DWORD" -v "AdvertiseH264" -d "0x00000001" --force[/b] then this: [b]ctxreg create -k "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Citrix\Thinwire" -t "REG_DWORD" -v "HardwareEncoding" -d "0x00000001" --force[/b] to enable it, and then this to check it: [b]./ctxreg dump | grep HardwareEncoding[/b] All working now.
Had a little help from a friend ...

For anyone else playing with Linux, you need to run the command from here: /opt/Citrix/VDA/bin

Then as per the link above, run this:

ctxreg create -k "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Citrix\Thinwire" -t "REG_DWORD" -v "AdvertiseH264" -d "0x00000001" --force

then this:

ctxreg create -k "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Citrix\Thinwire" -t "REG_DWORD" -v "HardwareEncoding" -d "0x00000001" --force

to enable it, and then this to check it:

./ctxreg dump | grep HardwareEncoding

All working now.

Posted 03/02/2017 09:03 AM   
Thank you for the information.
Thank you for the information.

Posted 03/03/2017 06:35 PM   
Scroll To Top