Artificial Intelligence Computing Leadership from NVIDIA
Multi Tenant Cloud Provider + RDSH
We are looking to offer GPU to our customers. We have a multi tenant IAAS CLOUD environment build on VMware. We are looking to put a GPU in some servers and offer this to our workloads Our 2 type of servers are Microsoft RDSH, which we deploy as stand alone solutions for each customer Citrix Xenapp, which we deploy with PVS (no relation to vCenter) From what I have found until now: Grid vPc is not an option as the profile is limited to 2 GB Grid vApps is not an option as the profile is limited to resolution of 1280*1024 From my understanding we could leverage Quadro vDWS in combination with Grid vApp license Would this also work on RDSH running on Hyper Visor ESXi?
We are looking to offer GPU to our customers.

We have a multi tenant IAAS CLOUD environment build on VMware.

We are looking to put a GPU in some servers and offer this to our workloads

Our 2 type of servers are

Microsoft RDSH, which we deploy as stand alone solutions for each customer
Citrix Xenapp, which we deploy with PVS (no relation to vCenter)

From what I have found until now:

Grid vPc is not an option as the profile is limited to 2 GB
Grid vApps is not an option as the profile is limited to resolution of 1280*1024

From my understanding we could leverage Quadro vDWS in combination with Grid vApp license

Would this also work on RDSH running on Hyper Visor ESXi?

Posted 10/05/2020 08:12 AM   
Hi, unfortunately this >>Grid vApps is not an option as the profile is limited to resolution of 1280*1024 is misleading , because it's only true for console access (to prevent misuse of A-profiles to be used with Server Hosted VDI) Each and every logon to RDS/XenApp through the sessions stack using HDX/RDP will be able to use multi-monitor setups. You can run your VMs with A-profiles on top of ESXi. There is only the one or the other .. Quadro vDWS (Q-Profiles) or vApps license (A-Profiles) >>From my understanding we could leverage Quadro vDWS in combination with Grid vApp license For just hosting published Apps / published Desktops on top of a multi-user OS choose the vApps license and you are fine. Cheers; Ron.
Hi,

unfortunately this

>>Grid vApps is not an option as the profile is limited to resolution of 1280*1024

is misleading , because it's only true for console access (to prevent misuse of A-profiles to be used with Server Hosted VDI)
Each and every logon to RDS/XenApp through the sessions stack using HDX/RDP will be able to use multi-monitor setups.

You can run your VMs with A-profiles on top of ESXi.

There is only the one or the other .. Quadro vDWS (Q-Profiles) or vApps license (A-Profiles)
>>From my understanding we could leverage Quadro vDWS in combination with Grid vApp license

For just hosting published Apps / published Desktops on top of a multi-user OS choose the vApps license and you are fine.

Cheers;
Ron.

Posted 10/07/2020 04:43 PM   
Scroll To Top

Add Reply