NVIDIA
M10-8A vGPU profile and resolution
The Tesla M10 vGPU types table at http://docs.nvidia.com/grid/latest/pdf/grid-vgpu-user-guide.pdf shows the following information for the M10-8A vGPU profile: Frame Buffer: 8192MB Virtual Display Heads: 1 Max. Resolution Per Display Head: 1280x1024 Max. vGPUs per GPU: 1 Max. vGPUs per Board: 4 Regarding the "Max. Resolution Per Display Head: 1280x1024". Does this mean that a published desktop or application session windows can only be run in 1280x1024? Or that the user connecting to Citrix can only have one monitor/screen running at a 1280x1024 resolution? I'm confused about this. The documentation says something about this, but I'm still a bit confused: "A-series GRID vGPUs support a single display at low resolution because they are intended to support remote application environments such as RDSH and Xenapp. In these environments, virtualized applications are typically rendered in an off-screen buffer. Therefore, the maximum resolution for the A-series GRID vGPUs is independent of the maximum resolution of the display head." Thank you.
The Tesla M10 vGPU types table at http://docs.nvidia.com/grid/latest/pdf/grid-vgpu-user-guide.pdf shows the following information for the M10-8A vGPU profile:

Frame Buffer: 8192MB
Virtual Display Heads: 1
Max. Resolution Per Display Head: 1280x1024
Max. vGPUs per GPU: 1
Max. vGPUs per Board: 4

Regarding the "Max. Resolution Per Display Head: 1280x1024". Does this mean that a published desktop or application session windows can only be run in 1280x1024? Or that the user connecting to Citrix can only have one monitor/screen running at a 1280x1024 resolution? I'm confused about this.

The documentation says something about this, but I'm still a bit confused: "A-series GRID vGPUs support a single display at low resolution because they are intended to support remote application environments such as RDSH and Xenapp. In these environments, virtualized applications are typically rendered in an off-screen buffer. Therefore, the maximum resolution for the A-series GRID vGPUs is independent of the maximum resolution of the display head."

Thank you.

Posted 10/17/2017 11:02 AM   
Hi, for sure this is not a restriction for the RDSH/XenApp session. So you're able to use the resolution that Citrix can provide. Regards Simon
Hi,

for sure this is not a restriction for the RDSH/XenApp session. So you're able to use the resolution that Citrix can provide.

Regards

Simon

Posted 10/18/2017 11:43 AM   
Hi Simon, Thank you for your input. Do you know what the "Max. Resolution Per Display Head: 1280x1024" statement actually means then? :) Regards Tore
Hi Simon,

Thank you for your input. Do you know what the "Max. Resolution Per Display Head: 1280x1024" statement actually means then? :)

Regards
Tore

Posted 10/19/2017 10:05 AM   
Sure :) We restrict the resolution on a console session so that the A profile is not accidently used instead of a B profile... Regards Simon
Sure :)
We restrict the resolution on a console session so that the A profile is not accidently used instead of a B profile...

Regards

Simon

Posted 10/21/2017 06:54 PM   
Scroll To Top

Add Reply