NVIDIA
VMware snapshot problems
I am running a Dell R730 with VMware vSphere 6 and dual M60 Tesla GPUs. Graphics performance is stunning on Workstation VMs (Windows 10, Windows 7) and Server VMs (Windows 2012 R2). My problem is that I am unable to take a VMware snapshot using vCenter when the VM is running. It simply says that.. "The operation is not allowed in the current state". The VM versions are version 11. I am able to snapshot any other VM on this host that is not using an NVIDIA GPU and this VM if it is shutdown.
I am running a Dell R730 with VMware vSphere 6 and dual M60 Tesla GPUs.
Graphics performance is stunning on Workstation VMs (Windows 10, Windows 7) and Server VMs (Windows 2012 R2).

My problem is that I am unable to take a VMware snapshot using vCenter when the VM is running. It simply says that..
"The operation is not allowed in the current state".

The VM versions are version 11. I am able to snapshot any other VM on this host that is not using an NVIDIA GPU and this VM if it is shutdown.

Posted 10/24/2017 01:09 PM   
Well, this is expected behavior as soon as a GPU is assigned to the VM. Same applies for vMotion. This will be improved in the next releases from VMWare. Regards Simon
Well, this is expected behavior as soon as a GPU is assigned to the VM. Same applies for vMotion. This will be improved in the next releases from VMWare.

Regards

Simon

Posted 10/25/2017 06:49 AM   
Scroll To Top

Add Reply