NVIDIA
Needing a 4 monitor setup with Horizon View and NVIDIA GRID
What I'm trying to do is allow doctors with High resolution monitors (2560x1600), between 3 to 4 monitors read radiology images on a VM. Without using the GRID card I can power 4 monitors but the scrolling of images is very choppy which makes it difficult for them to read a study. So I want to use the advantage of a GPU. What I'm finding with Horizon View is that I can currently only power 2 monitors at a resolution of 1920x1200 using a GRID card. What I'm hoping is that someone may have found a way to power 4 monitors with a GRID card through Horizon. Or news that it will soon be available would be nice. Any help will be much appreciated. Description of Environment: Horizon View 6.0.1 build-2088845 2 NVIDIA GRID K1s 2 DELL PowerEdge R720s VMware Horizon Client resides on Dell Precision T3610 Workstations with 3 to 4 monitors of 2560x1600 resolution or in some cases better.
What I'm trying to do is allow doctors with High resolution monitors (2560x1600), between 3 to 4 monitors read radiology images on a VM. Without using the GRID card I can power 4 monitors but the scrolling of images is very choppy which makes it difficult for them to read a study. So I want to use the advantage of a GPU. What I'm finding with Horizon View is that I can currently only power 2 monitors at a resolution of 1920x1200 using a GRID card. What I'm hoping is that someone may have found a way to power 4 monitors with a GRID card through Horizon. Or news that it will soon be available would be nice. Any help will be much appreciated.

Description of Environment:

Horizon View 6.0.1 build-2088845
2 NVIDIA GRID K1s
2 DELL PowerEdge R720s

VMware Horizon Client resides on Dell Precision T3610 Workstations with 3 to 4 monitors of 2560x1600 resolution or in some cases better.

Posted 10/15/2014 06:36 PM   
Two displays according to VMWare documentation. I found this in the documentation from VMWare. http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/techpaper/vmware-horizon-view-graphics-acceleration-deployment.pdf DISPLAY PROTOCOL vDGA PCoIP display protocol with a maximum of two display monitors
Two displays according to VMWare documentation.

I found this in the documentation from VMWare. http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/techpaper/vmware-horizon-view-graphics-acceleration-deployment.pdf

DISPLAY
PROTOCOL vDGA
PCoIP display protocol with a maximum
of two display monitors

Posted 10/15/2014 07:24 PM   
Thanks for sharing that @sharpster. Possibly down the road then they will be able to support 4.
Thanks for sharing that @sharpster. Possibly down the road then they will be able to support 4.

Posted 10/15/2014 07:53 PM   
Possibly, but you'll need to chase VMware on that. They should be motivated as other VDI vendors support 4 displays.
Possibly, but you'll need to chase VMware on that. They should be motivated as other VDI vendors support 4 displays.

Jason Southern, Regional Lead for ProVis Sales - EMEA: NVIDIA Ltd.

Posted 10/23/2014 09:54 AM   
Scroll To Top

Add Reply