NVIDIA
DX11 fullscreen weird output on console
Hello. I tested Unigine’s Heaven Benchmark on vGPU/K1. I am getting weird output on cosole [b]only in DX11 fullscreen[/b] (tried various resolution and benchmark options). 3Dmark11 works ok. I tested both drivers 340.34/340.69 or 340.57/341.08. [img]http://s33.postimg.org/5uwy96u27/fullscreen_dx11_nvidia_grid_vgpu_error.jpg[/img] Is there problem with driver [s]or benchmark[/s] (all DX11 games affected) ? M.C> Attached images - DX11 windowed (ok), DX9 fullscreen (ok) and 2x DX11 fullsceen (bad).
Hello.

I tested Unigine’s Heaven Benchmark on vGPU/K1. I am getting weird output on cosole only in DX11 fullscreen (tried various resolution and benchmark options). 3Dmark11 works ok. I tested both drivers 340.34/340.69 or 340.57/341.08.

Is there problem with driver or benchmark (all DX11 games affected) ?

M.C>

Attached images - DX11 windowed (ok), DX9 fullscreen (ok) and 2x DX11 fullsceen (bad).

Posted 01/16/2015 11:19 PM   
M.C, Looks like a application issue in fullscreen mode. Have you tested with 3Dmark11, if so does it replicate in full screen mode?
M.C,
Looks like a application issue in fullscreen mode. Have you tested with 3Dmark11, if so does it replicate in full screen mode?

Posted 01/18/2015 01:22 AM   
3Dmark11 (Basic) is ok in all tests. The same error is in Unigine’s Valley Benchmark. I sent mail to Unigine support. M.C>
3Dmark11 (Basic) is ok in all tests.
The same error is in Unigine’s Valley Benchmark.
I sent mail to Unigine support.

M.C>

Posted 01/18/2015 10:41 AM   
What virtualisation stack and protocols are you using?
What virtualisation stack and protocols are you using?

Jason Southern, Regional Lead for ProVis Sales - EMEA: NVIDIA Ltd.

Posted 01/19/2015 09:49 AM   
- Xen [s]4.5 RC4[/s] 4.5 final - device model "qemu-xen" qemu version 2.0.2 (qemu-xen-4.5.0) - dom0 kernel-3.10.41-299.380404 - vGPU Nvidia Grid K1 with grid_k140q profile (VBIOS 80.07.DC.00.0*) - output taken directly in Dom0 from framebuffer vmiop_presentation_put_message/vmiop_dt_frame - drivers dom0/domU - [s]340.34/340.69[/s] 340.57/341.08 - domU is windows 7 64 bit
- Xen 4.5 RC4 4.5 final
- device model "qemu-xen" qemu version 2.0.2 (qemu-xen-4.5.0)
- dom0 kernel-3.10.41-299.380404
- vGPU Nvidia Grid K1 with grid_k140q profile (VBIOS 80.07.DC.00.0*)
- output taken directly in Dom0 from framebuffer vmiop_presentation_put_message/vmiop_dt_frame
- drivers dom0/domU - 340.34/340.69 340.57/341.08
- domU is windows 7 64 bit

Posted 01/19/2015 09:53 PM   
Can you try this out on Citrix XenServer? We don't currently support vGPU on open source Xen, so lets see if you can replicate the issue on XenServer. If you can replicate the issue, we can move to get a bug raised.
Can you try this out on Citrix XenServer? We don't currently support vGPU on open source Xen, so lets see if you can replicate the issue on XenServer.

If you can replicate the issue, we can move to get a bug raised.

Posted 01/21/2015 07:23 PM   
Hello. Yes, I confirm the error on supported XenServer. - XenServer 6.5 + XS65E002 + "Desktop+" license - drivers dom0/domU 340.57/341.08 - another nvidia K1 with different firmware (VBIOS 80.07.6D.00.0*) - domU fresh install of windows 7 - screenshots from vnc console (setup, loading and running screenshots) [img]http://s33.postimg.org/hdh6hzkxr/fullscreen_dx11_nvidia_grid_vgpu_error_xenserver.jpg[/img] I reported bug on XenServer: https://bugs.xenserver.org/browse/XSO-212 Where to report bug to Nvidia ? M.C>
Hello.

Yes, I confirm the error on supported XenServer.
- XenServer 6.5 + XS65E002 + "Desktop+" license
- drivers dom0/domU 340.57/341.08
- another nvidia K1 with different firmware (VBIOS 80.07.6D.00.0*)
- domU fresh install of windows 7
- screenshots from vnc console (setup, loading and running screenshots)

I reported bug on XenServer: https://bugs.xenserver.org/browse/XSO-212
Where to report bug to Nvidia ?

M.C>

Posted 02/04/2015 11:15 PM   
It's possibly down to the way VNC grabs the display and transmits it (fullscreen is drawn differently to a windowed app). VNC, as far as I'm aware, doesn't leverage the GRID SDK, so is scraping the screen not reading directly from the frame buffer. I'd suspect it's the protocol at fault here.
It's possibly down to the way VNC grabs the display and transmits it (fullscreen is drawn differently to a windowed app).

VNC, as far as I'm aware, doesn't leverage the GRID SDK, so is scraping the screen not reading directly from the frame buffer.

I'd suspect it's the protocol at fault here.

Posted 02/05/2015 10:23 AM   
Console vnc viewer is [b]NOT[/b] backed by standard DomU installed vnc server. Console vnc is generated by [b]Dom0[/b] qemu with nvidia+xenserver integration (nvidia "[b]libnvidia-vgx.so[/b]" api and "[b]vgpu[/b]" io server). (If you try to use standard DomU installed vnc server you see only "black screen" in gpu accelerated fullscreen appliaction). M.C>
Console vnc viewer is NOT backed by standard DomU installed vnc server.
Console vnc is generated by Dom0 qemu with nvidia+xenserver integration (nvidia "libnvidia-vgx.so" api and "vgpu" io server).

(If you try to use standard DomU installed vnc server you see only "black screen" in gpu accelerated fullscreen appliaction).

M.C>

Posted 02/05/2015 10:38 AM   
I still suspect it's the protocol at fault. I can replicate this with VNC, but neither ICA/HDX or PCoIP are affected which strongly indicate the VNC protocol itself. Do you have another protocol you can test with?
I still suspect it's the protocol at fault.

I can replicate this with VNC, but neither ICA/HDX or PCoIP are affected which strongly indicate the VNC protocol itself.

Do you have another protocol you can test with?

Posted 02/05/2015 11:21 AM   
No, official XenServer/Dom0/qemu does not allow to change "wire" protocol (vnc). But I have the same issue was if I encode buffer (to jpeg) accessed directly from Nvidia vgpu hypervisor API vmiop_presentation_put_message/vmiop_dt_frame. This should be bug in Nvidia vgpu hypervisor (eg. libnvidia-vgx.so and nvidia Dom0 driver) if DomU transfers works. There are more unresolved bugs in Nvidia vgpu hypervisor - it does not show mouse pointer - it sometimes displays frames out-of-order https://gridforums.nvidia.com/default/topic/257/ - nvidia hypervisor dom0 driver does not contains source codes for bridge between linux kernel and nv.o blob https://gridforums.nvidia.com/default/topic/231/ M.C>
No, official XenServer/Dom0/qemu does not allow to change "wire" protocol (vnc).
But I have the same issue was if I encode buffer (to jpeg) accessed directly from Nvidia vgpu hypervisor API vmiop_presentation_put_message/vmiop_dt_frame.
This should be bug in Nvidia vgpu hypervisor (eg. libnvidia-vgx.so and nvidia Dom0 driver) if DomU transfers works.

There are more unresolved bugs in Nvidia vgpu hypervisor
- it does not show mouse pointer
- it sometimes displays frames out-of-order
https://gridforums.nvidia.com/default/topic/257/
- nvidia hypervisor dom0 driver does not contains source codes for bridge between linux kernel and nv.o blob
https://gridforums.nvidia.com/default/topic/231/

M.C>

Posted 02/05/2015 12:38 PM   
Based on what I think your trying to do, I'm moving this thread to the API's forum. You may find what you're looking for in the SDK, which contains the means to develop your own h264 encoded stream. https://developer.nvidia.com/grid-app-game-streaming
Based on what I think your trying to do, I'm moving this thread to the API's forum.

You may find what you're looking for in the SDK, which contains the means to develop your own h264 encoded stream.

https://developer.nvidia.com/grid-app-game-streaming

Posted 02/09/2015 09:41 AM   
Hello. Thanks for your answer. But I dislike to move to DomU SDK for streaming video only (with many windows API complications). Dom0 streaming is platform [b]independent[/b] works with [b]all DomU operating systems and modes[/b] (for example emulated VGA mode (very typical and often "safe mode" for windows)). Also all other streams (usb,audio) works perfectly and transparently in Dom0. Security is also higher (out-of-band separated ethernet ports). I will be very pleased if Nvidia corrects this issues to frambebuffer output in Dom0 and/or add "Grid Gaming SDK" for h264 to dom0 and/or at least "Cuda" to dom0 for mjpeg offloading or disclosure config how to use "other" (non K1/K2) Nvidia card for this support in dom0. Thanks, M.C>
Hello.

Thanks for your answer. But I dislike to move to DomU SDK for streaming video only (with many windows API complications).

Dom0 streaming is platform independent works with all DomU operating systems and modes (for example emulated VGA mode (very typical and often "safe mode" for windows)). Also all other streams (usb,audio) works perfectly and transparently in Dom0. Security is also higher (out-of-band separated ethernet ports).

I will be very pleased if Nvidia corrects this issues to frambebuffer output in Dom0 and/or add "Grid Gaming SDK" for h264 to dom0 and/or at least "Cuda" to dom0 for mjpeg offloading or disclosure config how to use "other" (non K1/K2) Nvidia card for this support in dom0.

Thanks, M.C>

Posted 02/09/2015 10:27 AM   
New drivers 340.78/341.44 - nothing changes :-(
New drivers 340.78/341.44 - nothing changes :-(

Posted 02/25/2015 06:32 PM   
New drivers 352.46/354.13 - nothing changes :-( The K2 instead K1 does not help. I found workaround - simply minimize and restore (or switch task) 3D application window and all is ok.
New drivers 352.46/354.13 - nothing changes :-(

The K2 instead K1 does not help.
I found workaround - simply minimize and restore (or switch task) 3D application window and all is ok.

Posted 10/07/2015 05:20 PM   
Scroll To Top

Add Reply