NVIDIA
GRID K2 in IBM x server
We have an IBM x3650 M4 and it is on the certified server list. When I install the GRID is interferes with the air dam, and the air dam cannot be seated. My vendor says that IBM does not have a modified air dam for this. Has anyone run into this issue before? Thanks
We have an IBM x3650 M4 and it is on the certified server list. When I install the GRID is interferes with the air dam, and the air dam cannot be seated. My vendor says that IBM does not have a modified air dam for this. Has anyone run into this issue before? Thanks

Posted 09/15/2015 06:06 PM   
Barry, Did you purchase the server all as one "kit"? Or did you buy the cards afterwards? IBM may have a specific kit to adapt or maybe a replacement air dam all together.
Barry,

Did you purchase the server all as one "kit"? Or did you buy the cards afterwards? IBM may have a specific kit to adapt or maybe a replacement air dam all together.

Posted 09/17/2015 02:18 PM   
I purchased the card after. My vendor said there was a kit but what I received was a riser card and 900 watt power supplies. My vendors IBM (now Lenovo) contact said there is no modified air dam, but they were still trying to contact Lenovo engineers who they said were all at a conference. I will try reaching out to IBM myself.
I purchased the card after. My vendor said there was a kit but what I received was a riser card and 900 watt power supplies. My vendors IBM (now Lenovo) contact said there is no modified air dam, but they were still trying to contact Lenovo engineers who they said were all at a conference. I will try reaching out to IBM myself.

Posted 09/18/2015 08:11 PM   
I did extensive research and found some good info on the PCI riser cards, and how to configure them, and the GRID did fit after I took a second look.
I did extensive research and found some good info on the PCI riser cards, and how to configure them, and the GRID did fit after I took a second look.

Posted 09/20/2015 10:31 PM   
Scroll To Top

Add Reply