NVIDIA
Grid 2.0

Should be linux supported for K1/K2 vGPU (shared) ?

Yes, we need it for current deployment of K1/K2.
No, we are preparing to use linux only with new M60/M6 and new NVidia CCU licenses.
Irrelevant, we do not use linux at all. What is linux ?
If you have a commercial requirement of scale for linux applications delivered in this manner please share it with us. Working with AWS, Google, Azure and many other CSP's this has not yet been see as a requirement. However if you have information that can help us understand the scale of demand, then we can implement this into any considerations.
If you have a commercial requirement of scale for linux applications delivered in this manner please share it with us.

Working with AWS, Google, Azure and many other CSP's this has not yet been see as a requirement. However if you have information that can help us understand the scale of demand, then we can implement this into any considerations.

Jason Southern, Regional Lead for ProVis Sales - EMEA: NVIDIA Ltd.

Posted 05/20/2016 08:50 AM   
[quote="JasonSouthern"] If you have a commercial requirement of scale for linux applications delivered in this manner please share it with us. Working with AWS, Google, Azure and many other CSP's this has not yet been see as a requirement. However if you have information that can help us understand the scale of demand, then we can implement this into any considerations. [/quote] Well we have plans for cloud gaming (and as a computer scientist I know which OS is better for such a task) delivered through docker containers, which prevail on Ubuntu by the way. In my studio we are not interested in the windows closed unfriendly ecosystem, but you tie us down. We would like to explore it on AWS since it is the best cloud provider, but if there is no support from Nvidia that give us options we can't go forward with any plan.
JasonSouthern said:
If you have a commercial requirement of scale for linux applications delivered in this manner please share it with us.

Working with AWS, Google, Azure and many other CSP's this has not yet been see as a requirement. However if you have information that can help us understand the scale of demand, then we can implement this into any considerations.

Well we have plans for cloud gaming (and as a computer scientist I know which OS is better for such a task) delivered through docker containers, which prevail on Ubuntu by the way. In my studio we are not interested in the windows closed unfriendly ecosystem, but you tie us down. We would like to explore it on AWS since it is the best cloud provider, but if there is no support from Nvidia that give us options we can't go forward with any plan.

Posted 05/20/2016 04:15 PM   
Well answering my own question and concerns it seems possible already with what I found in the parallel for all blog post [url]https://devblogs.nvidia.com/parallelforall/nvidia-docker-gpu-server-application-deployment-made-easy/[/url] If I understand correctly this is exactly what I've been looking for. Good work Nvidia!
Well answering my own question and concerns it seems possible already with what I found in the parallel for all blog post https://devblogs.nvidia.com/parallelforall/nvidia-docker-gpu-server-application-deployment-made-easy/
If I understand correctly this is exactly what I've been looking for. Good work Nvidia!

Posted 06/30/2016 12:14 AM   
Scroll To Top

Add Reply