NVIDIA
Mixed vGPU profiles
Can someone confirm that mixed profiles are not supported on a single GPU? I'm aware this was not supported in K1/K2 GPUs but hearing some mixed messages in regard to M6/M60 GPUs.
Can someone confirm that mixed profiles are not supported on a single GPU? I'm aware this was not supported in K1/K2 GPUs but hearing some mixed messages in regard to M6/M60 GPUs.

Posted 12/25/2015 12:08 PM   
Could you please explain what you achieve - One GPU as passthrough and reaming as vGPU profiles on single M60 card ?
Could you please explain what you achieve - One GPU as passthrough and reaming as vGPU profiles on single M60 card ?

Posted 12/30/2015 09:59 AM   
Hi Nealus, I can confirm that you still cannot mix different framebuffer size profiles with GRID 2.0 on the M60 and M6. What mixed messages are you getting?
Hi Nealus,

I can confirm that you still cannot mix different framebuffer size profiles with GRID 2.0 on the M60 and M6.

What mixed messages are you getting?

Jason Southern, Regional Lead for ProVis Sales - EMEA: NVIDIA Ltd.

Posted 12/30/2015 10:34 AM   
Hi - thanks for the responses. I have tried different profiles on the M60/M6 and do indeed get the expected errors when booting the vGPU VMs in View. I can't be sure, but noted some discrepancy between the older GRID hardware and the new. I must have been wrong, but thanks for the clarification
Hi - thanks for the responses. I have tried different profiles on the M60/M6 and do indeed get the expected errors when booting the vGPU VMs in View. I can't be sure, but noted some discrepancy between the older GRID hardware and the new. I must have been wrong, but thanks for the clarification

Posted 01/13/2016 12:48 PM   
Can someone confirm that mixed profiles are not supported on a single GPU? thanks
Can someone confirm that mixed profiles are not supported on a single GPU?

thanks

Posted 11/30/2018 06:52 AM   
Confirmed. Mixed vGPU profiles on the same GPU will not currently work / are not currently supported. It's not even something you can try, as the vGPU Manager on the Hypervisor will only allow a single vGPU profile on a GPU once a VM has been started. Ben
Confirmed.

Mixed vGPU profiles on the same GPU will not currently work / are not currently supported.

It's not even something you can try, as the vGPU Manager on the Hypervisor will only allow a single vGPU profile on a GPU once a VM has been started.

Ben

Posted 12/03/2018 10:30 AM   
Scroll To Top

Add Reply