NVIDIA
Can I release a DWS GRID license when I log out of a VDI?
Using Horizon 7, and GRID license 5.0.0 If I log out of a VDI, I would expect it to release a license but it does not. What is the best way to release a license from a VDI that is no longer in use? Thanks, -Ryan
Using Horizon 7, and GRID license 5.0.0

If I log out of a VDI, I would expect it to release a license but it does not. What is the best way to release a license from a VDI that is no longer in use?

Thanks,

-Ryan

Posted 12/09/2017 07:23 PM   
Hi RBae, this is not expected behavior. How long did you wait for the license to be released? In general it takes 10-15minutes to release the license after VM shutdown. Please create a support ticket with ESP. Best regards Simon
Hi RBae,

this is not expected behavior. How long did you wait for the license to be released? In general it takes 10-15minutes to release the license after VM shutdown.
Please create a support ticket with ESP.

Best regards

Simon

Posted 12/10/2017 09:55 AM   
Thanks Simon - will do. It's been well over 24 hours now with the license not being released. This is a problem with just one of my licenses. If I shut other VM's down, it does release the license. The only thing that I did differently in this case was that I converted a VM with a license to a template. It's like the template has the license and won't release it. -Ryan
Thanks Simon - will do.

It's been well over 24 hours now with the license not being released. This is a problem with just one of my licenses. If I shut other VM's down, it does release the license.

The only thing that I did differently in this case was that I converted a VM with a license to a template. It's like the template has the license and won't release it.

-Ryan

Posted 12/10/2017 04:43 PM   
Hi RBae, as workaround you could reduce the VM lease time (RegKey LicenseInterval) from the 7 days default value to for example 1 day to make sure the license is released after 24 hours. Regards Simon
Hi RBae,

as workaround you could reduce the VM lease time (RegKey LicenseInterval) from the 7 days default value to for example 1 day to make sure the license is released after 24 hours.

Regards

Simon

Posted 12/11/2017 11:13 AM   
Scroll To Top

Add Reply