NVIDIA
Use of Tesla card in workstation / tower
I have a setup for 2 physical hosts in a VMware cluster. I intend to have VMware High Availability. I have a question regarding compatibility with vsphere 6.0 or vsphere 6.5. I need to have it in a workstation / tower due to space constraints. A lot of vendors are telling me Tesla is not supported. Are there any actively cooled cards that can support this? Does vDGA work with VMware High Availability? Any help will be very much appreciated!
I have a setup for 2 physical hosts in a VMware cluster. I intend to have VMware High Availability. I have a question regarding compatibility with vsphere 6.0 or vsphere 6.5. I need to have it in a workstation / tower due to space constraints. A lot of vendors are telling me Tesla is not supported.

Are there any actively cooled cards that can support this?

Does vDGA work with VMware High Availability?

Any help will be very much appreciated!

Posted 01/28/2018 01:25 AM   
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4146/~/do-nvidia-grid-gpus-support-xenmotion%2Fvmotion%2C-drs-or-high-availability-%28ha%29%3F Tesla won't be supported in any workstation that is not qualified for GRID. You might use a Quadro board in Passthrough mode for your requirements. regards Simon
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4146/~/do-nvidia-grid-gpus-support-xenmotion%2Fvmotion%2C-drs-or-high-availability-%28ha%29%3F

Tesla won't be supported in any workstation that is not qualified for GRID.
You might use a Quadro board in Passthrough mode for your requirements.

regards

Simon

Posted 01/29/2018 09:38 PM   
Thanks for your reply. Are you referring to vDGA? I have checked the list of compatible cards. However there is no mention of support for vmware HA. Do you have any idea?
Thanks for your reply. Are you referring to vDGA? I have checked the list of compatible cards. However there is no mention of support for vmware HA. Do you have any idea?

Posted 01/30/2018 02:59 AM   
Scroll To Top

Add Reply