NVIDIA
Hyper-V 2016 RemoteFX vGPU & Tesla M10
Anyone knows when we can expect to be able to deploy a VM in Hyper-V 2016 and have a GRID M10 driver recognized inside the VM? ([b]not[/b] via DDA but via RemoteFX so I can [b]share GPUs across VMs[/b]) I'm looking to deploy mass "slave" Windows VMs on bare-metal hosts and have graphics rendering inside those VMs offloaded to the GPU. GRID vGPU works best since I'm looking at LOTS of VMs per host.
Anyone knows when we can expect to be able to deploy a VM in Hyper-V 2016 and have a GRID M10 driver recognized inside the VM? (not via DDA but via RemoteFX so I can share GPUs across VMs)

I'm looking to deploy mass "slave" Windows VMs on bare-metal hosts and have graphics rendering inside those VMs offloaded to the GPU. GRID vGPU works best since I'm looking at LOTS of VMs per host.

Posted 03/02/2018 01:14 AM   
Hi, I'm not sure if I fully understand your request. What is the issue with the current driver for M10? This works for sure also for RemoteFX. Which driver did you try? I guess you're just using the wrong driver. Even for RemoteFX you need vPC licenses for all the VMs and therefore the driver is only available via the Nvidia Enterprise Portal. Regards Simon
Hi,

I'm not sure if I fully understand your request. What is the issue with the current driver for M10? This works for sure also for RemoteFX.
Which driver did you try? I guess you're just using the wrong driver. Even for RemoteFX you need vPC licenses for all the VMs and therefore the driver is only available via the Nvidia Enterprise Portal.

Regards

Simon

Posted 03/02/2018 08:32 AM   
Scroll To Top

Add Reply