NVIDIA
K120Q VDI Vsphere Desktops - failing to use NVIDIA adapter @ login
Hello Rachel, Thanks for that. The VMware support case reference is #16195560707. If you think you may be able to somehow assist them, that would be great. As yet we have not been told anything conclusive by VMware. They have analysed our PCoIP logs and determined that, "in the initial session the driver was not loaded to be detected by the PCOIP session. But when you re-launch the session the drivers were detected" The actions we have taken under the support case under their guidance are listed here, point 23 onward: https://communities.vmware.com/message/2610377#2610377 We have also received an initial response from NVidia following our Bug submission but that is in the very early stages. The last email notification I received stated that it was going to "Level 2". Although I'm keeping an open mind, I'd be more convinced that this was a Microsoft issue were we not getting the display adapter to work at all. The fact that it seems to work flawlessly on a reconnect but not on a login is what makes me lean more toward this being a VMware/NVidia problem rather than a 'Windows' problem. But yea... always keeping an open mind. Any assistance anyone at your end can offer will be gratefully acknowledged by us. It may be that events will overtake this issue going in to next week, but I would ideally like to get it resolved. thanks Robert
Hello Rachel,

Thanks for that. The VMware support case reference is #16195560707. If you think you may be able to somehow assist them, that would be great.

As yet we have not been told anything conclusive by VMware. They have analysed our PCoIP logs and determined that, "in the initial session the driver was not loaded to be detected by the PCOIP session. But when you re-launch the session the drivers were detected"

The actions we have taken under the support case under their guidance are listed here, point 23 onward:
https://communities.vmware.com/message/2610377#2610377

We have also received an initial response from NVidia following our Bug submission but that is in the very early stages. The last email notification I received stated that it was going to "Level 2".

Although I'm keeping an open mind, I'd be more convinced that this was a Microsoft issue were we not getting the display adapter to work at all. The fact that it seems to work flawlessly on a reconnect but not on a login is what makes me lean more toward this being a VMware/NVidia problem rather than a 'Windows' problem. But yea... always keeping an open mind.

Any assistance anyone at your end can offer will be gratefully acknowledged by us. It may be that events will overtake this issue going in to next week, but I would ideally like to get it resolved.

thanks
Robert

Posted 07/27/2016 12:10 PM   
Hi Rachel, FYI, this no longer carries any urgency. The VMware ticket is now being escalated to engineering and given the potential timescales involved, I have decided to drop GRID for our current deployment. I will consider rolling GRID out for our users as and when there is demand for 'new' desktops only. I will keep the VMware ticket running and if any solution is ultimately forthcoming I will update this thread accordingly. Writing this off as a bad experience and lesson learnt. Thanks for your assistance, I appreciate it. Robert
Hi Rachel,
FYI, this no longer carries any urgency. The VMware ticket is now being escalated to engineering and given the potential timescales involved, I have decided to drop GRID for our current deployment. I will consider rolling GRID out for our users as and when there is demand for 'new' desktops only.
I will keep the VMware ticket running and if any solution is ultimately forthcoming I will update this thread accordingly.
Writing this off as a bad experience and lesson learnt.
Thanks for your assistance, I appreciate it.
Robert

Posted 07/28/2016 03:56 PM   
Scroll To Top

Add Reply