NVIDIA
How to specify grid-virtual-ws license or grid-virtual-pc licenses for my VMs
I have both grid-virtual-ws and grid-virtual-pc licenses on my license server. How do I specify which license to use?
I have both grid-virtual-ws and grid-virtual-pc licenses on my license server. How do I specify which license to use?

Posted 09/26/2018 11:28 PM   
Hi, this is done due to the profile choice: Q profile will aquire a vWS license B profile will aquire a vPC license regards Simon
Hi,

this is done due to the profile choice:
Q profile will aquire a vWS license
B profile will aquire a vPC license

regards

Simon

Posted 09/27/2018 09:58 AM   
Thanks Simon! one more question. Is there any performance difference between P6-1Q and P6-1B?
Thanks Simon! one more question. Is there any performance difference between P6-1Q and P6-1B?

Posted 09/27/2018 04:41 PM   
Yes, but it depends on the use case. P6-1Q is our Nvidia Quadro driver which accelerates a lot of 3D applications during runtime. 1B is vPC licensing, so business driver without Quadro functionality.
Yes, but it depends on the use case. P6-1Q is our Nvidia Quadro driver which accelerates a lot of 3D applications during runtime. 1B is vPC licensing, so business driver without Quadro functionality.

Posted 09/27/2018 06:20 PM   
I try to test it out. My P6-1Q VM check in the license currently,but the P6-1B VM I built didn't check in license at all. Oddly enough, the P6-1B VM seems working and I can run glxgears no problem. Not sure what I did wrong.
I try to test it out. My P6-1Q VM check in the license currently,but the P6-1B VM I built didn't check in license at all. Oddly enough, the P6-1B VM seems working and I can run glxgears no problem. Not sure what I did wrong.

Posted 09/27/2018 10:19 PM   
Check your software that will be used whether it can ever leverage or needs Quadro functionality (for example, SOLIDWORKS does need it to run reasonably).
Check your software that will be used whether it can ever leverage or needs Quadro functionality (for example, SOLIDWORKS does need it to run reasonably).

-=Tobias

Posted 10/10/2018 10:13 PM   
Scroll To Top

Add Reply