NVIDIA
NVIDIA GRID K2-Windows Server 2012 R2-"Manage 3D Settings" not working
hi, if anyone can help on my issue. We have recently installed Dell PowerEdge R730 server, with 4 X NVIDIA GRID K2 graphics card. I installed the latest NVIDIA driver from their website for GRID K2 card, version 369.26. The server has all Windows Updates installed and configured. Now, I can open NVIDIA control panel utility, however when clicking "Manage 3D Settings" from it, it does not anything, seems "Manage 3D Settings" is not working or coming-up. Now for our application, we need to go into 3D settings and configure something. The server has on-board Matrox G200eR display card, and I tried disabling it from Windows device-manager as well as from BIOS. It didn't work. Any idea why Manage 3D Settings is not working and how to resolve it?
hi, if anyone can help on my issue.

We have recently installed Dell PowerEdge R730 server, with 4 X NVIDIA GRID K2 graphics card. I installed the latest NVIDIA driver from their website for GRID K2 card, version 369.26. The server has all Windows Updates installed and configured.

Now, I can open NVIDIA control panel utility, however when clicking "Manage 3D Settings" from it, it does not anything, seems "Manage 3D Settings" is not working or coming-up. Now for our application, we need to go into 3D settings and configure something.

The server has on-board Matrox G200eR display card, and I tried disabling it from Windows device-manager as well as from BIOS. It didn't work.

Any idea why Manage 3D Settings is not working and how to resolve it?

Posted 09/07/2016 06:23 AM   
Hi The R730 can support a maximum of 2x K2 cards (or equivalent) per chassis. Manage 3D Settings isn't available on Server Operating Systems in the normal way, because when you make changes to it, it effects everyone on the server. It is assumed that if you're using a Server Operating System, you will be supporting multiple sessions. To use those 3D Settings within a session, you need a Desktop Operating System where there can only be 1 session connected, or you can connect via VNC Client and configure for all sessions at the same time. Also, are you using a Hypervisor?... Regards Ben
Hi

The R730 can support a maximum of 2x K2 cards (or equivalent) per chassis.

Manage 3D Settings isn't available on Server Operating Systems in the normal way, because when you make changes to it, it effects everyone on the server. It is assumed that if you're using a Server Operating System, you will be supporting multiple sessions. To use those 3D Settings within a session, you need a Desktop Operating System where there can only be 1 session connected, or you can connect via VNC Client and configure for all sessions at the same time.

Also, are you using a Hypervisor?...

Regards

Ben

Posted 09/07/2016 05:24 PM   
Hi, you should be able to Manage 3D settings but only from the console session on the RDS VM. The changes made here are valid for all user sessions. As Ben already mentioned there is no way to customize 3D settings individually for a TS user session as the NVIDIA control panel isn't even available. Regards Simon
Hi,
you should be able to Manage 3D settings but only from the console session on the RDS VM. The changes made here are valid for all user sessions. As Ben already mentioned there is no way to customize 3D settings individually for a TS user session as the NVIDIA control panel isn't even available.

Regards

Simon

Posted 09/07/2016 05:57 PM   
I am sorry for my delayed reply. Yes, we were trying from iDRAC console session (like HP ILO) and even local console session by connecting local keyboard and mouse. It didn't work. I understand about TS session it wont work. When I click on "Manage 3D Settings", it does not do anything, nothing happens. The driver and software were loaded successfully, Windows Server 2012 R2 was installed from scratch. Its a fresh OS and drivers. Any help will be appreciated. We need to access the menu for our application. Thanks.
I am sorry for my delayed reply.

Yes, we were trying from iDRAC console session (like HP ILO) and even local console session by connecting local keyboard and mouse. It didn't work. I understand about TS session it wont work.

When I click on "Manage 3D Settings", it does not do anything, nothing happens. The driver and software were loaded successfully, Windows Server 2012 R2 was installed from scratch. Its a fresh OS and drivers.

Any help will be appreciated. We need to access the menu for our application.

Thanks.

Posted 09/22/2016 12:43 AM   
In my case it works perfectly with XenCenter Console: http://imageshack.com/a/img922/2514/YTuj3P.jpg
In my case it works perfectly with XenCenter Console:

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/2514/YTuj3P.jpg

Posted 09/23/2016 07:11 AM   
strange! in my case the driver and software are installed successfully. i just did a full clean re-installation, still the same issue. nothing happens when i click "Manage 3D Settings". I connected to the server by console. there must be a reason to that. NVIDIA support advised to do a clean installation, that's what we just did. Not sure how to resolve this.
strange! in my case the driver and software are installed successfully. i just did a full clean re-installation, still the same issue. nothing happens when i click "Manage 3D Settings". I connected to the server by console. there must be a reason to that. NVIDIA support advised to do a clean installation, that's what we just did. Not sure how to resolve this.

Posted 09/23/2016 07:44 AM   
Can you clarify your setup please. By the sounds of it, you're not using a Hypervisor? ... How many K2 cards do you have installed in the R730? If you're bare metal, maybe because the OS can see multiple GPUs (2 GPUs per K2), the driver is unable to configure all the GPUs at the same time, which is what would be required. Regards Ben
Can you clarify your setup please.

By the sounds of it, you're not using a Hypervisor? ... How many K2 cards do you have installed in the R730?

If you're bare metal, maybe because the OS can see multiple GPUs (2 GPUs per K2), the driver is unable to configure all the GPUs at the same time, which is what would be required.

Regards

Ben

Posted 09/23/2016 06:40 PM   
its not Hypervisor. Its a stand-alone dedicated hardware, not a virtual machine. I am connecting by Dell iDRAC console (like HP ILO), also tried connecting by local console with local keyboard and mouse. We created a case to NVIDIA support, they advised to clean re-install driver software, we did that, still the same issue. We have two servers, both same configurations and spec. This issue is on both servers.
its not Hypervisor. Its a stand-alone dedicated hardware, not a virtual machine. I am connecting by Dell iDRAC console (like HP ILO), also tried connecting by local console with local keyboard and mouse. We created a case to NVIDIA support, they advised to clean re-install driver software, we did that, still the same issue.

We have two servers, both same configurations and spec. This issue is on both servers.

Posted 09/26/2016 12:45 AM   
For bare metal support see: https://griddownloads.nvidia.com/flex/GRID_4_Product_Support_Matrix.pdf

Posted 09/26/2016 10:00 PM   
Scroll To Top

Add Reply