Artificial Intelligence Computing Leadership from NVIDIA
Whats needed to get a M10 working with vSGA (ESXI 6.7)
We have a small lab environment where need to get some Windows 7 virtual machines working with hardware 3d acceleration. We would like to use a M10 card to provide vSGA to these VMs. It seems to me that Grid/vGPU would be completely overkill, so we dont require that. Im not having much success in tracking down what I need. Can someone please advise?
We have a small lab environment where need to get some Windows 7 virtual machines working with hardware 3d acceleration.

We would like to use a M10 card to provide vSGA to these VMs.

It seems to me that Grid/vGPU would be completely overkill, so we dont require that.

Im not having much success in tracking down what I need. Can someone please advise?

Posted 04/04/2019 04:35 AM   
vSGA requires the same licensing (vPC) as vGPU. So it makes not really much sense to consider vSGA at all as you have a lot of disadvantages. If you only consider density you may give it a try but there is no further development in vSGA from VMWare and support for DirectX and OpenGL is pretty limited.
vSGA requires the same licensing (vPC) as vGPU. So it makes not really much sense to consider vSGA at all as you have a lot of disadvantages. If you only consider density you may give it a try but there is no further development in vSGA from VMWare and support for DirectX and OpenGL is pretty limited.

Posted 04/04/2019 06:10 PM   
Scroll To Top

Add Reply