Artificial Intelligence Computing Leadership from NVIDIA
Tesla T4 graphical errors / virtual desktops 1903
Hi Folks I've already opened a case with NVIDIA and also with Citrix for this. But they don't have an idea what causes the problems yet. So I thought maybe someone here has an idea or recommendation. Since we updated to Citrix 1903 and NVIDIA GRID drivers 9.0, we randomly get graphic errors inside XenDesktop Sessions (Please see the screenshot). [url=https://abload.de/image.php?img=grafikfehlerzgj3s.jpg][img]https://abload.de/thumb/grafikfehlerzgj3s.jpg[/img][/url] This issue can be reproduced when moving windows around inside a XenDesktop session. The graphical errors mostly persist until I resize the Citrix Session Windows or switch from fulscreen to window mode and back. Enviroment: Hypervisor: VMware ESXi 6.5 latest patch Virtualization: Citrix XenDesktop 1903 Guest OS: Windows 10 1803 NVIDIA Host driver: 430.27 NVIDIA Guest Driver: 431.02 Citrix Workspace App: 1905 Please see the screenshot in the link for configuration settings which are applied. [url=https://abload.de/image.php?img=rdat9k23.jpg][img]https://abload.de/thumb/rdat9k23.jpg[/img][/url] I've also tested with Citrix VDA 1811 and 1906, same problem. With VDA 7.15 the issue does not occur, but we recognized a way better performance, quality and also latency with VDA 1903. That's why we want to upgrade to 1903, it's a big improvement for our virtual AutoCAD workspaces. NVIDIA Support mentioned the following thing: [i]"As I mentioned, starting with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 1903 version, Citrix remoting implementation has changed from using NVFBC to using DDAPI."[/i] If anybody has an idea I would be happy to hear some of them. Regards, Cedy
Hi Folks

I've already opened a case with NVIDIA and also with Citrix for this. But they don't have an idea what causes the problems yet. So I thought maybe someone here has an idea or recommendation.

Since we updated to Citrix 1903 and NVIDIA GRID drivers 9.0, we randomly get graphic errors inside XenDesktop Sessions (Please see the screenshot).

This issue can be reproduced when moving windows around inside a XenDesktop session. The graphical errors mostly persist until I resize the Citrix Session Windows or switch from fulscreen to window mode and back.

Enviroment:

Hypervisor: VMware ESXi 6.5 latest patch
Virtualization: Citrix XenDesktop 1903
Guest OS: Windows 10 1803
NVIDIA Host driver: 430.27
NVIDIA Guest Driver: 431.02
Citrix Workspace App: 1905

Please see the screenshot in the link for configuration settings which are applied.

I've also tested with Citrix VDA 1811 and 1906, same problem. With VDA 7.15 the issue does not occur, but we recognized a way better performance, quality and also latency with VDA 1903. That's why we want to upgrade to 1903, it's a big improvement for our virtual AutoCAD workspaces.

NVIDIA Support mentioned the following thing:

"As I mentioned, starting with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 1903 version, Citrix remoting implementation has changed from using NVFBC to using DDAPI."

If anybody has an idea I would be happy to hear some of them.

Regards, Cedy

Posted 07/18/2019 08:40 AM   
Hi Have you tried running a newer version of Windows 10? The version you're running is over a year old now, try a test build on 1903 and see if that makes a difference. Regards MG
Hi

Have you tried running a newer version of Windows 10? The version you're running is over a year old now, try a test build on 1903 and see if that makes a difference.

Regards

MG

Posted 07/18/2019 02:08 PM   
First of all I would suggest to check the Framebuffer usage. Sounds like FB exhausting effects. Our support is right in terms of NVFBC / DDAPI so this can have a huge impact. DDAPI is meant for at least RS5 so I would also suggest to move to latest Win10 build first. regards Simon
First of all I would suggest to check the Framebuffer usage. Sounds like FB exhausting effects. Our support is right in terms of NVFBC / DDAPI so this can have a huge impact. DDAPI is meant for at least RS5 so I would also suggest to move to latest Win10 build first.

regards
Simon

Posted 07/21/2019 05:09 PM   
Thanks for the advices I will give 1903 a try today. Regards, Cedy
Thanks for the advices

I will give 1903 a try today.

Regards, Cedy

Posted 07/24/2019 05:45 AM   
Just tested with Windows 10 1903, VDA 1903 and NVIDIA Driver 431.02. The problems still exist, so Windows 10 version is not the reason for the issues. Any other ideas?
Just tested with Windows 10 1903, VDA 1903 and NVIDIA Driver 431.02.

The problems still exist, so Windows 10 version is not the reason for the issues.

Any other ideas?
Attachments

Unbenannt.JPG

Posted 07/24/2019 11:21 AM   
I did some more tests on this. Seems like I am not able to reproduce the issues with P4 and VDA 1903/1906.2. So it is definitly a Tespla T4 / CVDA 1903/1906.2 issue... Performance and latency is way better with T4, but not usable with the graphical issues.
I did some more tests on this.

Seems like I am not able to reproduce the issues with P4 and VDA 1903/1906.2.

So it is definitly a Tespla T4 / CVDA 1903/1906.2 issue...

Performance and latency is way better with T4, but not usable with the graphical issues.

Posted 08/06/2019 09:03 AM   
Scroll To Top

Add Reply